Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Here We Go

Wow, really, I leave this saturday. Thats like 4 frikin days....

I don't know where the time has gone, and I don't know if the excitement of months of anticipation or the anxiety of moving again is larger.

But, this week will be fun. This week is a mix of getting ready and hanging out with every friend I have in Southeast Texas.

You know, the more I think about Disney, the more nervous I get. I know everyone is nervous about starting a new job, but not everyone has to navigate 40 square-miles to find their place of work. And, not everyone shows up to work with a mouse, dog, or a duck.

I know I am going to enjoy myself, but this is my 7th time to move, and every move is surrounded with anxiety.

Oh well, I know I can pull through, but I'm worried about being away from my Young Adult group at church for so long. Adam Braswell, David Gonzalez, and myself have been involved in church together since around 7th grade. That is about 9-10 years, and I don't know where the time has passed.

But, I digress. I feel the need to blog right now because of the anticipation I have for Disney, but also the anxiety. And it isn't bad anxiety, there is anxiety that can be used to help you. I just have a nervous feeling about meeting all the people I have met on FB.

So here we are, another crossroads in my life, in which change involves packing up and driving more than 8 hours. I feel like I'm almost going back to Lubbock, which I have no problem with. I just know I'll have a blast, and I'll meet some amazing people.

Yea, I know this is pushing my graduation back, when I should be graduated as of last weekend, but I'm not. I didn't settle for the 4 year plan, and Disney fell into my lap. It's an adventure I'm not passing up, because I live with no regrets.

So, if you read this, lemme know what you are nervous about.

But, needless to say, it is time I stop writing, and continue packing.


No comments:

Post a Comment