Friday, April 2, 2010

49 Days

So here we are.

I was accepted to the program about 4 days ago (days are starting to blur together since I was accepted).

So far through Facebook, I have met so many wonderful people that will be there when I get there on May 22nd, before check in.

What is really funny is the entire process of my application. First off, I was doing it because I'm not really ready to graduate so I figured this would postpone graduation. Second, I just thought it would be some blow off internship I didn't give a rat's ass about. But, as time progressed from my application date, up to my phone interview, I became more and more excited about the possibility of going to Disney for up to 8 months. So I still kept my cool, because it wasn't guaranteed that I got it yet.

So, I just finished my phone interview and I'm so excited because I nailed it. I mean I have had some nice interviews, but this one was spot on. But, I still couldn't guarantee that I would have a spot at Disney.

March 29th, I went and saw Hot Tub Time Machine with my friends, and we went to the late feature. I got home around 11:45 and did the rounds on Facebook, and went to check my email. I opened Gmail, and my subjects weren't showing so all I saw was the WDWCP email. I was freaking out becuase I could have been denied, but alas I WAS ACCEPTED. I probably sounded like a 3 yr old jumping and screaming like I was.

So now back to today. I have met so many great people through all the Facebook groups and discussions. Hell, I met Nebraska, who might be one of the most amazing girls ever. I've met my roommate, people I'm meeting with the night before check in, and even people I'll get to meet in August. The fact of the matter is, I haven't even started the CP and I'm already having a blast. It's going to be the most amazing thing and I can't wait for it.

So as the title says, I have 49 days until I leave for Orlando, 51 days until I start working for Disney, and 70 days until I get to meet Nebraska. This truly is going to be the time of my life, and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment